|I ate it all before taking a picture. Oops.|
- I used 2 cups of veggie stock. I used canned veggie stock. The can held about 2 cups. I was not about to have 1/2 a cup of veggie stock sitting in the fridge so I just used the whole can and cooked it longer.
- I did not measure out the red curry. I just used half of the 4 oz "Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste" jar. My tablespoon did not fit in the jar so I guesstimated. Yes, I am that lazy.
- I did not save any cauliflower for garnish so I threw it all in. I ain't got time for garnishes when I am trying to stuff my face
- I skipped the basil too. See #3.
- I did purchase the rice vinegar. I am not sure what I am going to do with the rest of it but it was less than $2 at Target. Honestly I think (key word "think") you can skip the rice vinegar and just juice the lemon instead of zesting it to add some acid to the recipe.
- I used my immersion blender to smooth out the soup. Maybe I did not chop the cauliflower small enough but next time I will use a blender. The pieces of cauliflower just don't float into the immersion blender like the onions do.
I came across another Curried Cauliflower Soup using green curry instead of red curry if you want to mix it up. Let me know which one you like better!